Thursday, September 2, 2010

My Grandad knows Katakana!

Oh yess he does. No kid. Ehh wait a sec, you guys know what Katakana is right? If you don't, please google yourself. I'm not going to waste my time explaining it to you. Time is gold and gold is moneyhhh. Haha.

So here's the story.

On National Day, I went to my grandparents' home across the road. I went to send watermelon to them. Hahaa. After putting the fruit on the table, I sat beside my Tok Ayah and asked him about Perang Jepun. And then he starts narrating his experience.

He told me how he hid from the soldiers, how his teacher chased him and his friends back home because of bomb explosions, how he had to learn Japanese and sang Japan's national anthem while facing the sun. He also told me how the soldiers tortured our people.

Tok ayah said that he memorised a story about a Panglima Jepun. Guess who that panglima is. He's Momotarou! Hahaa oh my God I can't believe this. Don't know who Momotarou is? Again, google. He even recited the story to me! In Japanese! But only a bit laa because he had forgotten most part of it. It has been almost 70 years! On 1941 Tok Ayah was 12 years old and now is already 2010!

Tok ayah still remembers how to write Katakana. He wrote some syllables that he know of like ka, ma, ya, etc etc. Well, Katakana is the easiest between Hiragana and Kanji right ? :D Tok ayah told me that shii ma means island. Onni means monster. I've heard of Onii before in Tsubasa Chronicles. And I know that onni means monster. But I'm not sure whether shii ma really means island. But if Tok Ayah says so, I guess it's right. Haha. Speaking of onii makes me think of onigiri. I wonder when will I have the chance to taste it. Haha. Takoyaki seems delicious too. Why am I talking about food when people are fastingg?? Lols.

My history teacher, Cikgu Fatiah said that Japan had been planning to colonise our country many many years before the actual colonisation. They sent their people to investigate Malaya. They even had the map of Kota Bharu! Tok ayah said Japanese people had been living in our country a long time before 1941. When they went out fishing, they were actually measuring the depths of our river!

Tokwe also shared some of her experience. When the soldiers came to her house, everyone else immediately went to hide but she just stayed. She was taking care of her younger sister, who was only an infant that time. Thank God, she was unscathed. Tokwe said, she's still scared when she hears the sound of aeroplanes because it makes her remember the past. Can you imagine, living in fear and terror? Can you imagine waking up everyday, but not sure whether we'll still have the chance to see the world tomorrow? We are so fortunate aren't we. The moment we open our eyes, this country we're living is already in peace and harmony. So, let's keep it that way shall we? :)

Ohh by the way, Tokwe complimented the way I wear my sarong. Ngee~ She said Sarah wears sarong the wrong way. Dia kilas. Haha. Sarah kantoi~ Hehee sorry Sarah xD I was so flattered y'know! It's not easy to receive compliments from my laser-mouth Tokwe. Hakhak. Yeah, I wore sarong to my grandparent house. Dekat je kan.. It's a stone's throw away literally. Lols.



Quote :

"Didie gi kecek pasal Perang Jepun nga Tokku takdi"

"Tokku?"

"Ehh silap. Tok ayoh lah."


:(



I hope it's not too late,

Happy Independence Day!

Merdeka Merdeka Merdeka!





With full of patriotism,

4 comments:

Airi Kiseki said...

lol didie, sarah meme sengajo kilas sbb baru tok mudoh jatuh hahaha (ajaran sesat)

oloh, rugi x tanyo tok ayoh nga tokwe psl perang2 ari tuh.. huhuhu

takpo2, nati balik sarah gi tanyo pulok.. he3

Didie said...

hahaha memela ajaran sesat. kalau ikat caro betol, mano mudoh jatuh. takpolaa, lamo2 nati sarah pandai laa ikat mmolek. hakhak.

nati tanyola tok ayoh nga tokwe. lebih2 lagi tok ayoh. tok ayoh kae rajin bercerita.. xD

KakWe said...

nice post kuyah! worthy to be published in NST!

Didie said...

hahaa thank you kakwe :D