She had taken what she wanted, so she went to look for her mother. Not long after that, she was facing the back of a woman wearing purple-coloured scarf. Smiling to herself, she tailed the woman and spoke to her. Well, actually she was more like talking to herself. "Hurmm.. Now where can I find some biscuits.." The woman didn't respond. "If I buy some biscuits, then I can eat them for..." Her speech was stopped abruptly when the woman turned to her. The only word that she could think of was, 'shit'.
Then only she took a good look at that woman's face. She wasn't her mother. Her jaw dropped and her eyes were wide open. She stood there, stupefied and speechless. No muscle were moved. She felt like banging her head to the wall when she thought of her stupidity. "Ohh, sorry I thought you were my mother." The woman scrutinized the girl with her pair of haggard eyes and replied, "I see. No wonder you were tailing me." With a final glance, the woman left her and continued her shopping.
Great. She must think that I'm a freak, the girl thought. But the thing was, the girl was a freak, a weirdo or whatever you call. Even her sister calls her a loser. It's better to be regarded as a freak rather than an insane girl it. Imagine if she just kept her mouth shut when the woman turned to her. She would think that the girl is talking to herself, which is something that people with a healthy mind wouldn't do.
Trying to erase the memory of what had happened, she walked with her head held high and went to look for her real mother like any other ordinary girl who goes shopping for groceries at a supermarket.
Starring : Yours truly
No comments:
Post a Comment